Wednesday, April 8, 2009

YEOOOW! PHSSST! PHSSST!

Marinn had a dance competition this weekend. Sorry if I offend anyone that loves the dance life, but wow, i have forgotten what this whole process was about. I forgot that's it's really about the moms, who has the biggest camera lens, and who has the busiest life. I was shoved, stepped on, made to feel inferior more saturday than I have been in about 14 years. I know everyone doesn't feel that way about their daughter, but you all know the moms I'm talking about. I was kicked out of the "good mom's club" when I didn't bring a camera, sat and watched the girls from behind, and didn't have on the "Dance Mom" t-shirt. We are leaving the dance life behind to go to the much better life of sports, where the biggest camera lens still proves you are a good mom(Suzy, no offense, I'm just jealous of people who can actually take a picture!). I love watching my kids play ball but it's too bad we can't go back to the days when sports was about the kids and the parents just watched. There is a mom here in Cedar that wanted the moms to play the girls' softball team (8-10 year-olds) in a game. Maybe by the time Elyse's kids get old enough to play, the parents will just play each other and the kids will watch. I'll get off my soap box!!

4 comments:

  1. I remember a mom that would sit behind the bench in high school and when her kid got pulled out she would put a blanket on his shoulders and hand him a refreshing beverage. at least once it was chicken noodle soup.

    and no it was not my mom. she was too busy hoping i wouldn't trip over myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joey, that's funny. I should be a better mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha!By the time i have kids, i'll make sure we incorporate the kids sitting on the bench watching me whoop everyone. i'll probably be fat by then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well put!!! Nice pic to add dramatic affect too!! I ONCE had the opportunity to go to Cali for free and Disneyland for free if I would just help with the USA Cheer competition. Let's just say I'll pay for the trip and the ticket next time ;) Although we do have some funny memories... girls yelling and crying and yelling at their mom's. Mom's spraying a gallon of hairspray and dabbing a pound of makeup on their 5 year old daughters... YIKES!!! (Watch, I'll end up with the dancing queen for a kid and I'll have to come to you for advice) :) You're a wonderful Mom, don't let those mother's who were never good at dancing and are now forcing their daughters to live THEIR childhood dreams bring you down. haha

    ReplyDelete